Why I started this blog

After the success of my other blogs Moroccan Cuisine and Customs and Morocco Travel Tips and Advice I thought to start up with this Venice project, because I love Venice and I visited it and its area about a zillion times. I watched it develop, change and still remain the same. Venice is one of my favorite places ever and a place I feel the need to visit every year. I hope you will enjoy this blog and help me grow it by comments and following it. Please also visit my other blogs where I' m telling you everything about Morocco, Moroccan travel and Moroccan cuisine. Thank you

Venice Hotels and Apartments: My picks of hotels and apartments in Venice -UPDATED!



Venice Hotels and Apartments

Hotel Danieli Venice
    

My Findings


AND FINALLY!! Now, let me show you my search results and some Venice hotels I personally find good quality or simply interesting choices for staying in Venice.

Before getting started let me state that everything here is my own personal opinion which was not written with the intent to offend anyone. Also, let me add that none of these hotels or residences have any clue about me, I don’t get extra money for advertisement.

Let me also tell you that I was looking for the VERY BEST hotels out there. Therefore I will not present you with 2 star choices in this article. I will leave that for when I want to tell you about the best budget hotels in Venice. In my opinion if you want the full Venice experience then be ready to pay for it, if the quality is really worth paying for. In my opinion these are just the types of hotels I’m representing you with.

Hotel Danieli
This is one of my latest findings but it's so impressive that I found myself being amazed by the sheer luxury of the place. Absolutely perfect for Transatlantic visitors, honeymooners, who want to get a real taste of Italian luxury, should definitely give it a go and check this place out. Located in the very downtown area called Castello, the view from this hotel is amazing. You can check out the sea with the little islands that surround Venice from the direct neighborhood of the biggest landmark of Venice, Piazza San Marco.  From the rooms and the rooftop restaurant, you can have an alonestanding view to the also iconic Basilica di Santa Maria della Salute, the beautiful basilica overlooking the St. Marc Square. The rooms are equally luxurious. All in all Hotel Danieli is definitely one of the very few must-see hotels of Venice and if I ever have the right money, I'll definitely spend a few nights here.



View of Basilica Venice
The beautifuul terrace view from Hotel Danieli


Bauer Palladio Hotel & Spa: I like this hotel for its beautiful garden and not exaggerated rooms which finely combine modern and old elements. As an extra, the hotel has an exceptional situation at Giudecca almost fully facing the St. Marco square from across the sea.  For some reasons the hotel doesn’t have a very good rating so we need to find out why that it.
Corte Di Gabriela – This is a trendy hotel these years and with a good cause. It embodies modern combined with only a few old or antique elements representing a spacey, clean style. Many rooms offer nice canal views, and despite most hotels in Venice, nothing is exaggerated. I understand why this place is many people’s choice.
NH Collection Venezia Palazzo Barocci  - This Venice hotel is the rare one of the very few that hits my standards. The furniture is quality, the breakfast is very finely shown on quality photos, there is a direct port to the hotel, there is a charming rooftop terrace and a pleasant garden so it’s already way more than you can generally expect from a Venice hotel. Hats off!
Hotel Ai Reali - Small Luxury Hotels of the World – I promised you guys that I will not stop searching until I find a hotel with a pool. Well it looks like I found it! This hotel offers spa services and even has a gym which is already a rare treat!  Although its rooms can be painfully exaggerated baroque the overall picture is pretty good for a fine quality Venice hotel. The hotel also has its own port and a Jacuzzi.
Hotel L'Orologio: a bit too conceptual but I like this hotel. It’s clean, clear and free from the kitschy stuff you can generally see in all Venice hotels. It has a nice rooftop terrace and it’s along the Grand Canal. All in all,  modern is finely combined with the old, just the way I like it.
Liassidi : this place is a bit overboard on conceptualism and also on artistic photos which are highly disturbing after a while, however it still looks way better than most others combined with a great location in the Castello quarter. This hotel is actually one of the hottest hotels in Venice now and all the trendy people come here.
Novecento: this is a fairly good hotel, the garden and its interiors are pretty impressive to me and overall they bring a pleasant atmosphere to the place. I also like the Moroccan lamps! As an extra, the hotel is very close to St. Marco Square and Rialto areas.
Canal Grande by night


And these hotels for their interesting qualities:
Hotel Bucintoro: I had to include this hotel because of its fun interiors although I’m not sure it’s done on purpose or not: from the inside it looks like as if you are travelling on a luxury train!  You got to see it to understand it. The hotel faces the sea between Venice and the island Giudecca, overlooking St. Marco Square, and this view definitely add up to the hotel’s qualities.
Ai Mori d'Oriente: this a quality hotel but I brought it up as a classic example on style crisis. Why you want to bring on a sort of kitschy half-hearted Moroccan style place in the heart of Venice? Half hearted , because the style is only reflected in some areas, while it’s full-on baroque in other areas changing to rustic then modern? This is way too much for me to handle.
----
Price for Value:
Burano: LaGare Hotel Venezia –mGallery by Sofitel : I pretty much like this hotel. It has modern.clean designs, gym and pictureque views to the sea from every room. Plus it has a very good situation with boats, vapotettos going from and to Venice every 10-15 minutes. It takes about 20-30  mins to get to the St. Marco square from here, plus Burano is a great attraction on its own right!  I really suggest this hotel if you want to see something new and still be close to Venice.
Venice Residences/ Apartments
Apartment is a concept that’s getting more and more popular especially for families and you can save lots of money on cooking for yourself in Italy. Here are some of my suggestions I found attractive during my research.
San Teodoro Palace: perfect, especially for American families who would like to stay for a few weeks in the area.
Palazzo Soderini: this apartotel has a good situation, nice, white clear and spacey rooms. A bit too IKEA for my taste but also has a nice garden.
Residenza de L’Osmarin I know this building very well, it’s on the main tourist track from and to the St, Marco square. Would have expecred a bigger terrace but overall it’s nice and pleasant and is blessed with a good situation ( about halfway between the St. Marco Square and the Bus/Railway stations).
Gondola in Venice
I hope I could help you with your Venice hotel and apartment search a little bit and also with setting your search criteria when it comes to finding the perfect hotel for you.
Please ask me, comment and share your own Venice experiences with me. I would be very glad to hear from you!
If you want to see more Venice pictures please click to visit my Pinterest album Venice

Comments

Popular Posts