Why I started this blog

After the success of my other blogs Moroccan Cuisine and Customs and Morocco Travel Tips and Advice I thought to start up with this Venice project, because I love Venice and I visited it and its area about a zillion times. I watched it develop, change and still remain the same. Venice is one of my favorite places ever and a place I feel the need to visit every year. I hope you will enjoy this blog and help me grow it by comments and following it. Please also visit my other blogs where I' m telling you everything about Morocco, Moroccan travel and Moroccan cuisine. Thank you

Venice Summer Trends 2017 - Shopping and arts trends



Just like last year, I've got to visit the lovely Venice and Mestre region this year as well. I hope to soon be able to settle there because to me it's already like being at home. Anyhow, I thought to come and after such a long time, share some of the newest summer trends I got to see in Venice this summer. As my pics don't get transferred so easily I'm not sure if I can post this today or if I should wait with it. As an extra all these are my own photos which I have made and edited for this specific occasion. With a massive delay but I m glad to present them to you this time around. 


1. Seafood Asian style and meatballs.

Korean, Chinese and Italian fish culture apparently have much in common, if only it's the love of fish and seafood in general. Anyhow from this summer, I saw plenty of places offering calamari , shimps and other seafood deep fried offered in small paper holders. It's fun and a good way to eat something but for a more economical price.The meatballs were another favorite this summer and I kept on seeing them just all across town. They are good because they are pretty economical and tasty in the same time.

meatballs, this year's definite fast food in Venice




2 The glass balloons
This is a totally new thing. Making balloons out of glass, in the color of the rainbow to make them look really spectacular I got to see these in tons of stores and apart from the fact they are not easy to hand or to transport, these can really light up any room at any home.

the look lovely but must be tricky to hang them


3 Murano glass animals
Glass animals were never this popular like this summer. They look cute, lovely you can buy them in any size, and if you get lucky you can even watch in the store how they are getting done. It's a great experience and this was definitely something new which I have never seen in Venice before. This is exactly what I love about this place. You go back each year and there are so many new things each time around! Venice is a magical place and I love it. 

4 the 2017 Venice Biennale and arts
This summer was the summer of Biennale one of the largest international contemporary arts exhibitions in the world which is held every two years and it is when Venice becomes the summer capital of modern arts. We got to see some real great pieces and they can come up totally unexpectedly, in any window, on any balcony or courtyard. It was a great experience which I really loved. There have been many pieces of artworks I kept seeing on the streets, on different courtyards and gardens and each time they appeared totally unexpected and surprising. Which is a lovely feeling. Sometimes bringing historical together with contemporary arts is not a bad idea at all. 

Venice Biennale summers are always outstanding. As the next one is held in 2019 book your ticket now not to miss it


5. No more fake handbags guys
For over 10 years Venice was the town which was full of Africans offering fake handbags But as it seems police has won and they had to completely dissappear. So, no more replica bags in Venice. I wonder how long it will last though. I miss them though I bought multiple outstanding pieces from them. 

6. Visiting the Murano Glass Museum
This is a must do if you are fond of arts. We did it and it was purely fantastic! Check out my separate blog on the Gaetano Pesce collection and the Murano Glass Museum.

7 The beautiful handicrafts stayed
From the lovely masks to the flower shaped candles and the feather pens I could see lots of oldtime favorites reappear this time around too. They look absolutely stunning. Too bad my cam did not deliver very good photo of these. 

As soon as my pics download I will upload a couple of them to show you more of my trip.

Visit my instagram at szanpan001 and visit my other blogs on Morocco and my Wordpress blog on home, fashion and lifestyle at https://karasblogweb.wordpress.com

Comments

Popular Posts