Why I started this blog

After the success of my other blogs Moroccan Cuisine and Customs and Morocco Travel Tips and Advice I thought to start up with this Venice project, because I love Venice and I visited it and its area about a zillion times. I watched it develop, change and still remain the same. Venice is one of my favorite places ever and a place I feel the need to visit every year. I hope you will enjoy this blog and help me grow it by comments and following it. Please also visit my other blogs where I' m telling you everything about Morocco, Moroccan travel and Moroccan cuisine. Thank you

On my new project: the Venice Blog

Venice Blog





After having started with my Moroccan project about a month ago, it has come to my mind that there is in fact another place I really love and I know almost everything about and it is Venice and its surroundings. I have visited this part of Northern Italy over 20 times if not 30 but Venice always leaves me breathless, with its sheer beauty, with its old buildings, its canals, the non-stop striding of bigger and smaller boats on the canals, the millions of tourists who just have to see Venice if only once in their lifetime and of course the pigeons... there is so much more to say and I will, but in a more or less controlled order, which means some blog posts.

I’d love to tell you a lot. The things that count to me the most are definitely in the „ What to see” and in the „ How to save up” brackets. Of course Venice is expensive. But you can still enjoy it to the fullest if you learn a couple of tricks and tips on how to do so, without staying hungry or having to walk all the way.  As I have just returned from there a few days ago, I will also do my best to tell you about all the best ways to get there, the places to visit and the newest trends which change every year.

All in all, Venice is so much more than the buildings and the canals. It’s all the locals who make the place to what it is. The drying clothes hanging between the window, the sellers, the markets, the pigeons and the seagulls fighting over the remaining part of fishesm the people talking to each other on the streets. The secret is in the atmosphere which you will instantly feel as soon as you step off from the bus, tram, boat or train you arrive with and catch the busy traffic on and along the shores of the Grand Canal,  the highway of this little isle-town you will feel that you have really arrived to somewhere very special.

So, I hope you guys will enjoy reading my blogs in this one the same as I do and as always, should you have any questions, comments or anything else, like suggestions you would like to read about please let me know.
Venice Grand Canal

As an addition I may also make an alonestanding piece on useful Italian words and phrases for all those who don’t speak the language.


Saluti a tutti con baci stellari J

Comments

Popular Posts