Why I started this blog

After the success of my other blogs Moroccan Cuisine and Customs and Morocco Travel Tips and Advice I thought to start up with this Venice project, because I love Venice and I visited it and its area about a zillion times. I watched it develop, change and still remain the same. Venice is one of my favorite places ever and a place I feel the need to visit every year. I hope you will enjoy this blog and help me grow it by comments and following it. Please also visit my other blogs where I' m telling you everything about Morocco, Moroccan travel and Moroccan cuisine. Thank you

This year’s novelties for shopping and eating out in Venice 2016


Venice Shopping Novelties 2016

Taking a look at what new there is to buy in Venice this year

       
Venice Grand Canal
The beautiful Grand Canal


I’ve been visiting Venice for a very long time now and what I have realized is, that each year there are some new things, the local sellers come up with in order to keep visitors entertained and grow their income in the same time.

From fake auto-dancing Mickey Mouse to fake handbags
Some years ago the Pakstani sellers called the attention of the visitors with a mysterious dancing Mickey Mouse that danced by itself without any visible help. Of course it was a trick, as it was held by two very thin, transparent strings which were really barely visible. Then came the african handbag sellers who kept on solding fake designer handbags in gigantic numbers, especially during siesta hours ( between 1 and 4 pm) but this movement now seems to have been shut down almost completely, police is out on the streets and looks like they have won, at least for now.

The paper shops and feather pens


Then there are the beautiful pens, booklets and diary stores, the old-timer poster stores where the novely of this year is the introduction of specific delicate pens which have the form of a proper feather. You can now get these in multiple colours and in multiple sizes but be prepared, their price is well over 20 EUR.




The live pasta making stores:


Another novely of this year is the handmade pastry. This means specific stors ( I saw two) where a guy stands close to the window with a pasta-making machine and you can literally watch the pasta taking shape as it gets cut off piece by piece. Some guy was making long spaghettis, while others were dealing with smaller types of pastries, still the main attraction is the guy who actually makes this pasta, which are put in smaller and bigger bags, but a part of it is also cooked and served in the very same store. 



Economic eateries:

Prices are between 2 and 10 EUR
Another phenomenon which I really liked is the appearance of bakeries. We had been to one and they were selling lots of delicious Italian style breads, rolls, cookies, cakes, pizzas ( focacchias) and of course also soft drinks. This is great news and I m very glad that the time of all-expensive places seems to be gone. Today’s crowd needs the cheaper yet quality places like this bakery which I will also show you on photos I took so that you all see what I mean.  






Bakery on the main road
leading to Rialto Bridge
I could also find a very good eatery just a stone’s throw from the St. Marco Square which offered a lots of different sort of dishes for a very-very friendly price and it was such a pleasant surprise that if I ever manage to find it again, I will definitely eat there again. ( just for you to have a clue, it’s along the main way leading towards St. Marco Square, as you approach from the direction of the train or bus station following the St. Marco Square banners. And if I ever get there again I will surely take a photo of it and post it here next time.




The Anti Fake Sale movement


While being in Venice a very interesting thing has captured my sight a couple of times. Banners on stores, often on highstreet fashion stores, representing a movement that seems to uncover the fact, that there are some immoral tactics in the world of fashion, when some stores would do a so-called pretend Sales. We all know the psychological effect of sales especially on us women and the pure sight of prices that are shown as being lowered, make us not even question whether the „original” prize shown on the tag is really the original price. But looks like others have gotten enough of these tactics moving along the lines of unfair business practices and that’s why they decided to join this movement. I find this very refreshing and I also hope it brings a good change. 

Hope you liked this article and in fact there is more to come very shortly with tips and advices on visiting this beautiful city.

Comments

Popular Posts